I made these blondies one Sunday a while back and took them into work on the Monday, where they went down an absolute treat. They’re the perfect combination of nutty, fruity and chewy and go excellently with a morning coffee. White chocolate, raspberry and macadamia nut blondies – they are what it says on the tin! But lets go into the detail.
White chocolate and raspberry as everyone knows is a match made in heaven. But to keep the blondies from going cakey with the moisture of fresh raspberries I used the freeze-dried version instead. They give such an intense flavour and mean you can store the blondies much longer…though they may not last that long! The sweet white chocolate drizzle cuts through the tartness so well too, and makes them incredibly moreish.
The actual blondies taste so buttery and chewy, like a slightly lighter cousin of the fudgy brownie we all know and love. I use a combination of light brown sugar and regular caster which adds a really lovely caramelly flavour. The macadamia nuts add a slight crunch giving a really interesting texture from the soft blondie base and creamy white chocolate chunks.
I’m all about the convenience baking when it comes to treats like these and these blondies can be whipped up so quickly! They only need 25 minutes in the oven till they’re nicely golden too. As ever though, the hardest part is waiting for them to cool before you can tuck in!
I’m a big blondie fan and these are definitely one of my favourite flavour combinations I’ve ever tried. The recipe makes 16 small squares, or 8 large pieces if you’re feeling gluttonous! Though if raspberry & macadamia nuts aren’t your thing, try my white chocolate and pistachio blondies here instead!
Now its getting a bit colder and the darker nights are drawing in, these kinds of treats are perfect with your afternoon hot drink. Your choice whether its a tea, coffee or hot toddy…I won’t tell!
White Chocolate, Raspberry & Macadamia Nut Blondies
- 125 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 75 g unsalted butter melted
- 150 g soft light brown sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 135 g white chocolate chunks
- 65 g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 5 g freeze dried raspberries
- 60 g white chocolate
- 20 g macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 2 g freeze dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 175C/155C Fan and line a 8x8in baking tin with baking paper on all sides. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt together, then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar. Once combined, add the egg and vanilla extract whisking vigorously. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, being careful not to overmix. Then fold in the chocolate chunks, macadamia nuts and 3/4 of the freeze dried raspberries. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Allow the blondies to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack.
- For the topping, melt the white chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave stirring at 30second intervals. Drizzle over the cooled blondies and scatter the remaining macadamia nuts and freeze dried raspberries over the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut into squares and serve.