I’m a huge brownie fan, my absolute favourite being the Fudgepacker from Konditor & Cook – its incredible!! But sometimes a Blondie, just hits the spot. I feel like a Blondie lends itself to a whole world of different flavours, and these white chocolate and pistachio blondies are my new favourite.
I LOVE pistachios. If there’s pistachio ice cream on offer, I’m sold. And if you ever go to Borough Market in London Bridge you HAVE to go to the Comptoir Gourmand stall and try their pistachio financier. Its an absolute delight, and the bright green pistachios give it such a brilliant colour.
I knew I wanted to include pistachio in the blondies and white chocolate seemed like the perfect companion. I’ve packed alottttt of pistachios in these, but the chocolate chips and drizzle give just the right amount of sweetness to cut through.
I like my brownies on the chewy fudgy side rather than cakey, and these are the chewiest I’ve ever made I’m sure! I think the insane amount of pistachios I packed in helped! Do you like the middle more than the edges?? I’m usually a middle kinda girl, but on these I loved the chewy edges. One thing I do need to work on though is getting the whole pan level, for some reason my blondies always rise way bigger at the edges. Anyone else have this problem??
So are you a brownie or blondie fan? I think after this you might be a blondie convert! Or at least a white chocolate and pistachio blondies convert 😉
White Chocolate and Pistachio Blondies
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g unsalted butter melted
- 150 g light brown muscovado sugar
- 150 g soft light brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 270 g white chocolate chips plus 50g for the drizzle
- 130 g pistachios plus 15g more for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line the bottom and sides of a 9x9in baking tin with baking paper leaving an overhang on all sides. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt together then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugars and caster sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, whisking until fully combined. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. The batter will be pretty thick, but don't overmix. Chop the pistachios lightly, so they aren't all whole. Then fold in most of the chocolate chips and pistachios into the mixture, leaving just 1 tablespoon of each behind.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin, then sprinkle with the reserved chocolate chips and pistachios. Bake for 35 minutes or until light golden brown on top, covering with foil for the last 15 minutes to prevent the pistachios on top from burning. Allow the blondies to cool completely in the tin on a wire rack.
- For the decoration: Melt the 50g white chocolate over a bain-marie, and set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile, chop the 15g pistachios into a fine crumb and sprinkle over the completely cooled blondies. Then pour the white chocolate into a piping bag, and with the tip cut off drizzle over the blondies. Finally, slice into rectangles.